Thursday, December 10, 2015

Thankful Thursday December 10, 2015, scenes from Christmas past 2


There came a man who was sent from God; 
his name was John.  He came as a witness
 to testify concerning that light, so that
 through him all men might believe. 
He himself was not the light; he came only 
as a witness to the light. 
 The true light that gives light to every man
 was coming into the world. 
John 1:6-9


Greetings Sweet Friends,

Hope you are enjoying this time of

preparation for Christmas.

Today has been a day for cooking and
 baking for me, and have to say I pretty
much enjoyed it all while listening to
my Christmas music.  I love that our
christian radio station Z-88 plays 
Christmas music all season long, just 
like the regular stations did when I was
a kid,  from Thanksgiving to New
Years!  Love it...................

Since I am still not done with my
decorating thought I would just 
show you some more scenes from
Christmas's past.


So here we go...................


I am thankful


#1
Greatly thankful....................
for the true light that came into the world,
that we celebrate at Christmas and every
day.........Jesus Christ, the son of God!





#2
for this video that is a really great reminder
to us all about the true meaning of Christmas.



What if Christmas looked at more like Jesus?
























#3
for online shopping, and that I am just
about done with our shopping,  and the
 last few years we have cut back......
 quite a bit.






#4
that Dee will be able to come down the
 night after Christmas for a few days.
Lord Willing!  as Jerry will be working,
but she if off.





#5
that a situation that our sweet son-in-love
had going on at work, seems to be resolved
and he is happy with the outcome.




#6
that I was able to find a gift that I was
trying to order online, but couldn't as
they were out of stock, and I was able
to find it at a store on hubby's way 
home. So they have it set aside and 
he will be able to go by and get it
 today.  Such a help.............






#7
that hubby will be able to work at home
now tomorrow,  his boss was in town
and was suppose to be here on Friday,
which meant he had to go in,  and we
are having our Sunday School class
party at 6 p.m. on Friday,  which
meant we would be late.........so now
no problem.  Praise the Lord!





#8
that I just finished making the Lasagna
 for the party tomorrow night and an extra 
pan for when Dee visits after Christmas.







#9
for free shipping........I have not paid for
 shipping on anything I have ordered.  







#10
for Christmas music, I love doing what-
ever I have to do as I listen to Christmas
music..........just brightens up my day.






#11
that we finally just finished the Rolo
Pretzel candies...........Yeah!





#12
for answers to prayer for a young
couple we know,  God is at work,
and we are excited to see what is
gonna happen...........


Well, there you have it another week
at Cozy Place.

Glad you could come by...............



Have a Holly Jolly Friday, Weekend

and Christmas!!  


Keep your light shining brightly!






Love, Hugs, and

Christmas Season Blessings,
Nellie 


Sharing with:

Shabby Art Boutique with Kerryanne


Ivey and Elephants with Paula and Patti


My Flagstaff Home with Jennifer


Walking on Sunshine Recipes with Lois and Friends


The Craftberry Bush with Lucy


A Tray of Bliss with Mimi


Life with Lorelai with Lorelai and Friends


Designthusiasm with Lory and Friends









5 comments:


  1. Hi Nellie..

    oh how good it is to hear from you..

    yes I am blogging again and its my intention to do so at least once a week this coming year. Things have settled down a lot for me and I feel I can come back and blog more even if its only one photo and just talking about my life.

    Love all your holiday touches but I know you carry Christmas in your heart, everyday so the decor is just an added bonus..

    much love and blessings to you my sweet friend..
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1. I am so thankful for the Light of the world. He is my joy all year round.
    #2. Wonderful video! Jesus is our life!
    #3. Thank you for doing mine!!! I'm happy we chose names!
    #4. Yea! Jerry will be greatly missed.
    #5. Praise our LORD for His continual care fir us.
    #6. The stores are really being helpful now that there is on-line shopping.
    #7. I'm so thankful our LORD works out our problems when we wait on Him.
    #8. I now know what we are having for Christmas dinner, ha!
    #9. I think this is another reason for so much on-line shopping.
    #10. I surely enjoy the orchestra and choir presentation at Northland Church.
    #11. I just found the Whoppers Publix has been out of for weeks!
    #12. "Ask believing and you shall receive." (Mark 11:24)
    Merry Christmas to all, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much to be thankful for!
    I look forward to your next post - hopefully seeing your 2015 Christmas decorations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thankful for the time we had together! What a lovely visit...we just need more, right?!! I have a bad cold that has gone around the whole family and am trying to shake it so I can get caught up! So much still to do!
    So glad you will get to see Dee again!
    Love ya!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nellie, my sweet, I have featured this post at Five Star Frou-Frou this week. Thankyou for your continuing support, love, and friendship. Lots of Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Happy St. Patrick's Day

  Happy St. Patrick's Day Sweet Friends Have a Lovely Day, Hugs, Nellie